rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I spoke with you earlier about my Lithograph prints. I

Customer Question

Hi I spoke with you earlier about my Lithograph prints. I went back and relooked at them more closely and I realized that I have I have one original Antique Signed J. Barenger Lithographs from Earl of Derby Staghounds Published London 1835 and a signed
J. Lambert, Huntsman to the Cottesmore Hounds by R. B. Davis London Published 1837. I believe they could be originals. These are much different than the other ones and I believe are the two that I know I have that are antiques. Here are some pictures
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Thanks for the request!
Please give me a moment while I review all the information!
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure :-)
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Thanks for the patience
James Barenger (1780 - 1831) was an English animal painter and illustrator. James started off painting landscapes but went on to paint horses, dogs and other animals, and hunting scenes. From the year 1807, at the age of 28, he exhibited at the Royal Academy in London. He was at this stage living with his father in Kentish Town, but later moved to Camden Town. He went on to exhibit 48 paintings at the Royal Academy and 8 at the British Institution.
From the pictures, I can see that you have the original litho. There are multiple versions of this same litho, painted after Barenger death.
Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.
The value will be in the range of 220-300$ for the Earl of Derby Staghounds.
The value will be in the range of 100-180$ for the print from Nimrod's Hunting Tours - J Lambert Huntsman.
Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!