Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

This is an Asian pair and have no idea. I will send markings

Customer Question

This is an Asian pair and have no idea. I will send markings on the second round.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Asian pair.Could you very kindly provide photos. You can attach them by clicking on the paperclip icon (above).Also, how tall are they?Many thanks and wait to hear.Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They are approx 10-12 inches. I will attach the marking on the bottomMarkings on bottom

Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much for the photos.

These look like they are made of some sort of resin. Are they warm to the touch, or cold like marble?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They do not look like marble. More warm to the touch

Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Okay thanks, that's helpful.

Can you do a little test for me. Find an inconspicuous place on the base and wipe them with a cotton swab of acetone (nail polish remover) and see if the pink color comes off on the cotton.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will be I do not have them in my presents at the time. I'll have to get back to you later. Thank you so much

Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

No problem, thanks for letting me know. There's no rush this end, I'll be here whenever you are ready.

Many thanks,
Robert