Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I found a French shawl from 1917 that was given from a

Customer Question

I found a French shawl from 1917 that was given from a soldier to his wife. he was in the 9th Inantry in France in 1917. his name was Captain JR Maxon. The shawl is in profound condition. This has been in my parents attic for many many years.
Please advise!
Thank you
xxxxxxxxxx
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send clear, in-focus close-ups of the surface so I can see the knotting/material.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great,
I am ready to go out the door so can we go further with this conversation. My e-mail is***@******.***
Thank you
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Pleasure to read back from you here.
That is fine - send over images at your convenience. There is no rush nor a time limit.
If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again.
Sincerely,
Nora