Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I own an antique Chinese court robe. The basic color is deep

Customer Question

I own an antique Chinese court robe. The basic color is deep blue. It has all eight, five clawed dragons plus the hidden dragon on the side of the neck (and what appears to be another hidden dragon on the opposite side of the neck opening). It has the 'swastika' emblem, red headed cranes, and most interesting is all the eighteen inches of gold embroidery at the bottom of the robe plus 5 gold buttons. Of course there are many other markings that I don't understand but most likely carry important meanings. Thanks, ***** *****

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. Could you post an image, please? Please bear in mind that the "swastika" emblem on an item such as this has nothing to do with Nazi Germany--the symbol has been used for more than 3,000 years and the name "Swastika" was originally the name for a hooked cross in Sanskrit. It would also help if you could advise the length.
With kind regards,
Steve