Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have 2 wood carved animals-probably early African- 1 is an

Customer Question

I have 2 wood carved animals-probably early African- 1 is an elephant with truck down-standing-other is a turtle standing with carved shell in block pattern -both about 9x6 inches. These were gifts to my Mother-in-law around 1950-1960 . Gifts from Ship Captains who stayed at the family hotel in Hoboken NJ who traveled oversees many times and always brought back treasures.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Could you post images, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do not have the capability-could I possibly get them to you personally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
I can give you a reference if you wish as to a person who can market them for you...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would very much appreciate that.
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...I just reviewed a list of authorized eBay resellers with a long track record in collectibles who will list items for a fee--you would have to ship the items to the business once you arranged terms on the sale--most charge about 20% of the final selling price which covers shipping, handling, marketing, images and collection of payment from the buyer. If you so desire, you can contact them for further details--the company website is www.civilwarshop.com but they also sell a full range of antiques and their contact information is on the website. The consignment manager is Wanda.
Of course, there may be someone in your area who can do it as well, if you wish--or you could try posting them on a free site like Craigslist.org under collectibles, but I find it often works best to deal with an established business with a strong track record of sales, and the company referenced above has been in business since the 1980s.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
very helpful info-am new at this but have fears of not getting my items back. I'll have to take my time with any conclusions.Thank you very much for your time.very high rating
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Honestly, you have nothing to worry about (that is why I reviewed all sellers who offered such a service) as the company is well established and very reputable (please note I do NOT work for them in any capacity)--but I understand. They sell very expensive items and have a strong record in closed sales.
Just let me know if I can help in any way further at all, and please complete the survey for the site when prompted as that is how experts on this site are evaluated for customer service.
With kind regards,
Steve