Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I found two pictures both look old they are on green velvet

Customer Question

I found two pictures both look old they are on green velvet background gold tone figures I believe both are 18th centry one has a tag that says registered and tracable NPAH? its a faded tag I would say they are in what I call a shadowbox frame how can I find out the value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos of the back side and the label.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora I am not sure if these pictures will help I didn't send you a picture of both pictures to start with I have attached a side by side picture. Also a picture of the tag that is located at the bottom left of the picture of the gentleman. I looked at the back of the pictures and the only thing that is on the back is a ink stamp with the numbers 956 on both. Not sure if the pictures are of value or if they are junk? I don't know any history on them but the tag intrigued me. Please let me know if I can give you any more information.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
Thank you for the images and for your patience.
Although these depict 18th century courtesans, these framed decorative wall art plaques were made in the 3rd quarter of the 20th century, more specifically circa 1970's. These were popular decorator objects with 3-d figures placed on crushed velvet backgrounds. Currently, they sell for a high retail average of $40 - $60 for the pair. I suggest holding on to these as they may become popular collectibles in coming generations.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora