Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a gold and turquoise ring inscription is Paris 1900

Customer Question

I have a gold and turquoise ring inscription is Paris 1900 C.R.would like to know more about it
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Will you be able to send images?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to send pictures but am having problems with my galaxy tablet. Can you FaceTime me or give me a number to text a pic to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try again
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
The images came through, but I would really need to see more clear, in-focus images of your ring in order to assess what you have.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it may be C.R. ashbee.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Thank You for your question, my name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today. Can you see if there is a gold mark or hallmark inside of the ring?
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing just Paris 1900 C.R. had a jeweler look at it yesterday and they confirmed that is what's inscribed.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Your ring was most likely a souvenir sold at the 1900 Exposition in Paris AKA (The worlds fair). This is collectible. the C.R. is most likely the initials of the person who bought this or who it was given to. This is collectible and would sell for $200-300 at auction and Insurance value is $500.
Thank you,
Here is a link that will give you some history of the Exposition.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposition_Universelle_%281900%29
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,