Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have a chiming mantle clock..Made in Bristol, Conn by Ingraham.

Customer Question

I have a chiming mantle clock..Made in Bristol, Conn by Ingraham. Model ALDINE Patented Sept, 1st 1885. "8 day, 1/2 hour chiming Cathedral Gong". Works, I have the key to wind. Any idea of valu? Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. The Aldine was one of the more common lines of mantle clocks crafted by Ingraham in the late 19th century, and a relatively high production line. In solid working condition, price guides state a retail from $135 to $175 but honestly, on internet sites like eBay, you can often find them in the $50-75 range, such as this one:
-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALDINE-1885-by-The-E-Ingraham-Co-8-Day-Wood-Mantle-Clock-Cathedral-Gong-/171688959760
-
You would likely do better, selling, by having the clock placed on consignment in an upscale shop or perhaps adding it on to an upscale estate sale or auction.

If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.

Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.

Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.

Have a blessed day!

With kind regards,
Steve