Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a rather large Hummel collection to sell - 30 Hummel

Customer Question

Hi! I have a rather large Hummel collection to sell - 30 Hummel figurines and 25 Hummel annual plates along with 3 Hummel Anniversary plates. Inherited. Unfortunately, my mother-in-law's basement flooded and I did or do not have all of the boxes for these pieces. I have some/just not all. Have seen on the internet it may be best to sell at an auction house but unsure of this....they are all in excellent condition/no chips/no scratches. Looking to sell these altogether....please give me your feedback & thoughts on values and any information you could give me on where to sell these. Looking at a Hummel book, current values may be close to $4500 at their lowest values. Thanks! Jeanne
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
If you could advise of the markings on the base of them, I can help...but be prepared in advance the market for most any, other than the very early ones, is very weak at present...the guide books, unfortunately, are WAY off the current retail....