Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I just bought a yard long flapper girl print. It is advertising

Customer Question

I just bought a yard long flapper girl print. It is advertising a Hustisford , WI store. it is being restored. the logo is missing. I am trying to find out who made it so I can have the logo added. Is there anyone I can send a pic to for information?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Could you post an image, please? Any markings at all, perhaps near the bottom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can see part of the logo , but the rest is gone. This was found in the wall at the original store. I think it is from 1895 to around 1915.
Kurt
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...based on historical records, the company noted (Hustisford Merchandise) was most active in the early 1900s up to around the mid-1920s era, and the advertising is likely pretty close to 1920. I am uncertain what you are seeking, however, regarding the "logo" asked about--items like this were given by a wide array of marketing firms selling anything from paint to hardware, and finding one specific print is a long shot as literally thousands were produced. Could you be a bit more specific on what exactly you are looking for?