Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a vintage clanging monkey that says made in korea

Customer Question

hello, i have a vintage clanging monkey that says made in korea kuramochi & co, ltd ck in perfect condition no tears or rips or stains on it. Im trying to see what is it worth can you give me an idea because im interested in selling it. Please respond. Thank you for your time.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Do you by chance have the original box for the vintage "Jolly Chimp?"
Thanks for your time today,
Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, unfortunately I dont
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
You are more than welcome to ask the $300 for the CK Kuramochi & CO LTD Musical "Jolly Chimp," but you may have a hard time selling the vintage 1960's to early 1970's era toy.
Based on my research of up to date sold "Jolly Chimps" without the original box, you could expect a resale value of between 65-115USD based on the overall condition.
With the original box you could expect closer to the 150-200USD in pristine condition.
You could start at the $300 and work your way down with a possible buyer, but in the current market the vintage musical "Jolly Chimps" are not bringing quite that much in secondary market settings.
If you were selling in a retail antique/vintage toy shop, you may be able to get a bit more (10-25% over the fair market values) but the piece would have to be in tip top shape.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.
Best of luck with your vintage Jolly Chimp.
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.