Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an old Watercolor, country scene signed Metz

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
.
It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.
If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
.
.
.
.
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I send them over my phone ??
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
If you can email them you can.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the image, the picture was great.
.
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.
.
The Water Color was painted by Frank Metz, listed as American Painter of the 20thC, Paints mixed Mediums, Landscapes, Still Life and Portraits, it has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $350.00-425.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Art Gallery or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As art is subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello ***** just checking in to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help!"
If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you? I would be happy to address that.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Glenda, of course I was wishing it was worth more. Think I will just keep it, you guys got 10% and if I sell I will only get 40 to 50% from seller so... Thank you.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
You are welcome, if you sold this yourself you get all of it. You do not need to sell this to a dealer. You can list it yourself.
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it, this is the only way I am compensated from the justanswer site, we are paid by the site for answering questions after the customer rates our professionalism.
Thank you for taking a moment to rate me.
Glenda