Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Have a painting on a different median as quite heavy. Perhaps

Customer Question

Have a painting on a different median as quite heavy. Perhaps plaster of paris. quite big. See pictures at
http://imgur.com/NqvTwcO,aZsAmyx,hK5afoM,WQPIOoL,jEdIdRa,B8uwT0H#0
Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
My name is Nora.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please include an image of the entire back side (do not remove from frame).
Thank you,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi: I do not have access to the painting. It is my nieces, given to her by her mother in law who has passed. I was trying to find some information for her as a surprise. I know it must be about 24 inches by 30 inches.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There,
I have not found a match to this for you.
I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
This is the work of Edgar Moreno and Diana Maria Moreno of Costa Rica. It is bas relief (raised) on plasterboard (plaster of paris) then hand painted with acrylics and oil. They did this piece in the 80's and it is a depiction of the Village of Leyva Boyaca in Colombia. Currently, "Edgar y Maria" is a family business with their grown children now also doing this work and is renamed "Edgar y Maria y Hijos" (Edgar and Maria and Children). A piece like this has a value of 30.00 being one of their older pieces. Current work sells for 8 dollars to 14 dollars.