Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a book titled Mark Twain The Prince and the Pauper.

Customer Question

I have a book titled Mark Twain The Prince and the Pauper. It is signed on the first page saying Aileene Sargent with the date May 17, 1934. The second page is printed " Author's National Edition The writings of Mark Twain Volume XV". The third page is signed " This is the authorized Uniform Edition of all my books. Mark Twain". Is there anyway to authenticate this signature. Would you know how much it is worth. I am interested in selling it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Thank You for your question, my name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today. Unfortunately, this is a printed signature. This is printed on the 3rd page of every volume of a 25 volume complete set of Mark Twain's works. Here is a good article.
Here is a link to an image of the signed page.
http://www.rattlingaroundinmyhead.com/webonizer_core/show_image.php?id=396
I'm sorry, but I must be honest with you.
Thank you,