Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

We have a solid wood dining table, built at the turn of the

Customer Question

We have a solid wood dining table, built at the turn of the 20th century. It came from the historic Reynold's Estate on Sapelo Island, GA. It is either solid dark walnut or mahogony. It measures 55" round without the leaves and has three 28" leaves. It is in excellent condition. We are wondering what the value is. I have pictures if that would be helpful.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Thank You for your question, my name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today. This is a nice late Victorian walnut table with walnut veneer pedestal base.
Unfortunately, the market for this style antique furniture is not as strong as it was 20-30 years ago. However, the size is great. As it opens to be about 10ft long. This should still sell for $2500-3000 at auction and on the secondhand market. I would price this at $3500 and see if you get any offers. You can always lower the price.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Wayne, I'll price accordingly!

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi Melissa,
My pleasure. Please take time to give me a good rating.
Thank you,