Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I purchased two pictures at a garage sale in 1999 that were

Customer Question

I purchased two pictures at a garage sale in 1999 that were done by a Japanese artist Ryonosuke Shimomura, recipient of Kyoto City's Medal for Cultural Accomplishments or Shoko Uemura, recipient of the Order of Cultural Merits. There is Japanese stamp
on the front of one of them but nothing on the other one. Nothing on the back of either. I was told they were Nihonga Prints and purchased at an Exhibit that was a fund raiser for the Marshall House in Vancouver WA. It appears they buyer may have reframed
them or just purchased the prints and framed them herself. The name of one of them may be "Flying Away Through Clouds". I would like to know about the artists and if they have continued to paint as well as an approximate value of my prints?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora