Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

What would a Hunzinger "game table" with drawers on each side

Customer Question

What would a Hunzinger "game table" with drawers on each side appraise for? The metal plate on the side reads Hunzinger Patent May 5, 1890 and August 24, 1892.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
George Hunzinger was a furniture maker who emigrated to the United States from Germany in 1855. He manufactured uniquely designed furniture in New York City during the latter half of the 19th century and patented his innovative designs. Your gaming table is one of the early Hunzinger forms, superceded by U.S. Patent No. 522014, granted on June 26, 1894, for an "improved" version.
At present, the 1892 series, as yours is called, retails from $1,000 to $1,500 pending actual condition and demand.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve