Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have two old books..The Poetical Works of Alfred Lord Tennyson,

Customer Question

I have two old books..The Poetical Works of Alfred Lord Tennyson, Volume 1 and 2 published in New York by Thomas Y. Crowell & Company 1885. Are these rare books? *****@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Are they leather or cloth bound, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
leather
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ivory leather with gold tracing on front coveraround to the back.Front and back have leather with small grren flowers and dark gold leaves.
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...you have the premium edition, by the way. Most sets retail in the range of $100 to $150, pending actual condition and demand at any given time. For example, here is a set currently being offered for sale:
-
The Poetical Works of Alfred, Lord Tennyson, 2 Vols in Slipcase
Tennyson, Alfred, Lord
Published by Thomas Crowell, New York (1885)
Used ⁄Hardcover
Price $100.00
From: T. A. Borden Books (Olney, MD, U.S.A.)
Item Description: Thomas Crowell, New York, 1885. Illustrated by elegant gift quality copy (illustrator). 1/3 leather, gilt dec spines, raised bands, marbled boards/endpa; Near fine; very light wear, name on endpaper, couple of inconspicuous spots of spine foot, in very good slipcase (some wear ). Bookseller Inventory # *****
-
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve