Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an Audubon print. It's dated 1835, Brown Pelican, plate

Customer Question

I have an Audubon print. It's dated 1835, Brown Pelican, plate ccL1, on upper left corner, 51. Printed and colored by Havell. Any idea of today's worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.
There have been endless reproductions of this print, each faithfully copying the date, plate, page number, etc. The pencil marking would indicate it's one of those reproductions. The question for value is...which one?
In order to figure that out, I need to know the measurements, unframed. Also, is there an embossed seal anywhere on it? I do know that Old Mission issued an edition of 2000, with an embossed gallery seal in the lower left corner.
Sincerely,
Jennifer