rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

We have an antique porcelain castle plate that we would like

Customer Question

We have an antique porcelain castle plate that we would like an estimated value on. I can send you pictures if that would help. Thanks, Jim
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Jim,
I see one photo of the front, I would like to see one of the back and a close up of any marks. Use the paper clip icon in the text box where you type back to me to attach another photo.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind about the back picture. This is a terracotta/majolica plate made by Josef Strnact of Turn-Teplitz, Austria circa 1915-1920. This factory did a series of castle plates, this one being Heidelberg Castle in the Alps. This plate is worn, but has a value of 60.00 us dollars.