Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

What is the value of the book published in 1885 by Worthington

Customer Question

What is the value of the book published in 1885 by Worthington Co., "Middlemarch" buy George Eliot? Book not in pristine condition.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Book is "Middlemarch" by George Eliot
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer, My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question. When dealing with antiquarian or collectible books, condition plays a major role in the resale value. Collectors are looking for top quality issues with the least amount of damage. Soiling, staining, binding damage, cover damage, or torn pages would result in a drop in value. With that being said your 1885 edition of "Middlemarch" A Story of Provincial Life by George Elliot and published by Worthington Co., New York would have a resale value of 15-25USD in fair to good overall condition. I hope this information was helpful to you today.Best of luck with your antiquarian book.Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.Thank You,FrankPlease let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.