Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a landscape sign by J Ross jr, I will like to know the

Customer Question

I have a landscape sign by J Ross jr, I will like to know the value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** and I am a certified appraiser with 25 years in a museum and in the field much it with high quality fine art. I am happy to help. There are quite a few artists with the name J. Ross. Do you have images to share so we can narrow the attribution? What is the medium and size of the work? Condition? What can you tell me about the acquisition? Is there a signature? An image of the signature would be helpful as well as the whole work. You can try to attach something with the paper clip icon tool (if you see one) or try our email through the team who will forward images to me - Send images to: *****@******.*** "Kim D. in antiques" in the subject line will help the support team find me. Please do let me know if you are having image issues as well - I know that this can be tricky and I hate to not know if none are available or something is causing you a problem.Lets take a look!Kim D.
Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.
The email is not transferring so lets see if an image tool can attach images here. I am going off line until this afternoon so no rush but I will monitor my email to see if something comes through.:)Kim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can not put the image, it is in great condition. It is JRoss JR.

Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.

We really need an image as this attribution is not clear and we might even have an unlisted J. Ross Jr. - None of the known J. Ross listed artists are known to be a Jr.

We could still assess this but an image is key.

We might just go to www.imgur.com as this is free and easy.

The front page (no login or account) has a tool to receive and download images from your computer. The site really is just a tool that will post the picture for free and make a link so you can share the image with me.

After you download the image it has a link next to it on the right (a number of options) pick a public one (web or blog etc) and copy and paste it here..and we are sharing!!

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Kim

Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello - I am just following up - I hope that I havent lost you.

Did you get a chance to try the imgur.com site - it is very easy.

Let me know what else I can do to help with images - I would be happy to see this and see if we can match the artist!