Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Italian Pot, please help

Customer Question

I have a couple of pieces, One is made in Germany the markings say handbemalt with a beautiful picture of Lauingen/Donau. The sticker says Ulmer Kermik made in Germany 16B it is a very beautiful sauer dish. would love to know the value. I have pictures. This was past on to me by an older friend of my Fathers whose grandparents were from Germany.
The second piece is from Italy, it was given to my husband while he was stationed there many years ago by an older Italian woman. It is a very heavy, huge pot with a cast iron bottom, very colorful with birds and flowers. The marking on the bottom resembles the letter L with the letter C combined together also made in Italy, would love to know the value of this piece also.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. However, I only assess one item per question. If you would like to continue, please choose one and at your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lets go with the Italian piece, I will send pictures.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I have not found a match to this for you. I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out. I do hope you find the information that you seek. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a piece is from Italy, it was given to my husband while he was stationed there many years ago by an older Italian woman. It is a very heavy, huge pot with a cast iron bottom, very colorful with birds and flowers. The marking on the bottom resembles the letter L with the letter C combined together also made in Italy, would love to know the value of this piece also. This is the second time I have posted this and no response. It was first posted on May 6th you opt-out but yet no one has answered. Could you please check on this for me.