Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

What can you tell me of my doll...she's about 12" , she is

Customer Question

What can you tell me of my doll...she's about 12" , she is brown wearing a pink petticoat with a pink bow in her hair. Her tag says "Venice Collection"
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send photos. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nora,
These are the pictures I have.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for the images. Could you please send some clear, in-focus images of the original paper tag attached to her. ~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nora
I hope this helps.
Mara
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mara, Thank you for the additional images and for your patience. You have a late 20th century, circa 1980’s - 1990, vintage porcelain collector doll that was made in Italy. On today’s market Venice Collection dolls sell for a high average of $30. Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know! Your question will NOT close after you leave rating. Sincerely,Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nora,
I've seen a doll that looks like mine, the difference was she was white. Her price was $65.00.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Venice Collection dolls do have asking prices of as high as $65. I used comparables and averages based on just over 500 actual auction records and the high average was $30. However, if you were to sell this on your own, you can ask any price you want on any of your items; the key factor is finding a willing buyer at your pricepoint. Sincerely, Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for the additional images and for your patience. You have a vintage original painting from the 3rd quarter of the 20th century by German painter Joseph Karlsbader (born 1921). On today’s market, his paintings carry auction estimates of $200 - $300. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $450. Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know! Your question will NOT close after you leave rating. Sincerely,Nora