Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have two figurines with stamps on the bottom. One is a woman

Customer Question

I have two figurines with stamps on the bottom. One is a woman sitting at the piano with a couple dancing. the other is two couples sitting around a table talking. Both bottoms of the pieces have U.S. - Germany , one has a G.M. 509, the other has G.M. 502, there is also a crown stamped into the porcelain. They are both in excellent condition. I cannot seem to find them. Are they worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed? Please let me know and do you have requested images available? I look forward to reading back from you. Sincerely,Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here are two pictures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here are the rest
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ Thank you for the images and for your patience. You have two post World War II Dresden-style porcelain figurines that were made by Goebel in Germany. Goebel is best known for the line of figurines designed by Berta Hummel of little children; however they produced various lines of decorative figural wares. The impression mark used on these is referred to as TMK-1 The Full Crown. The US-Zone Germany stamp was used from 1946 -1948. GM 509 and 502 are the mold design numbers for shape. On today’s market, expect to garner $200 - $400 for each figural. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $500 each. Here is a link for you to a match to the GM 509 that sold for $205.37 http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/goebel-hummel-u-s-zone-rare-1946-stunning-mint If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know! Your question will NOT close after you leave rating. Sincerely,Nora