Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Early 1900s thomasville chair company bedroom set with vanity

Customer Question

Early 1900s thomasville chair company bedroom set with vanity and mirror, dresser and mirror hutch type buirow.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 57 years.Along with that experience, I also rely on an extensive personal library ofreference books plus access to the results from major auction houses.I need photos of your set to give the best assessment.These are two ways to send me photos:You can use a free internet photo website named www.imgur.comORYou can use the paper clip icon at the top of your "reply" box toinsert your photos directly into your "reply" box.An explanation of this method can be found here -http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expertSometimes there is no paper clip but there is an attachment link in your "reply"box. You may use this to send photos as well.I look forward to seeing your photos.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here you go Doris!
Let me study your photos. I will be back within the hour. Kind regards, Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great. Thank you.
You are welcome.
The Thomasville Furniture Co was establish in 1904 in Thomasville, NC. At first it specialized in chairs. Then it joined with several other companies over the years. In the last few years, Thomasville ceased to make furniture.Your set dates ca 1920s-30s in the Art Deco period.My research indicates that your set has a retail vintage store value of $7150 assuming good condition.A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60%of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before yourate me.All of my answers are quoted in USA dollars.If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.All you need to do is type my name "Doris" at the beginning of your question.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated byJustAnswer.com for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you. Please do not rate me downbecause of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control. Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.Kind regards,Doris