Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I need help identifying an artist's signature

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. What is the size? At your convenience, please send photos. A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nora,

I appreciate your help!

The painting measures 23.5" x 19.5"

The frame measures 32" x 28"

I've attached additional photos. I can't wait to find out about this artist! :)

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus image of the signature. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is this better?

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If you can send more views of the signature, it will be very helpful. I can make out the first name. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have possession of it yet.... It's being shipped to me. I think the first name is***** name B something.

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, That is what I see as well, Max B. style of the painting is after Matisse. I can opt-out and open your question to all the experts, or wait until you receive the painting and can send more images of the signature. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you could pass it on I would appreciate it.... Thank you for your help :)

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi~ Certainly. I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out. I do hope you find the information that you seek. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Nora was nice and helpful, but unable to answer my question.