Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a set of Noritake dishes with an Eagle image and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a set of Noritake dishes with an Eagle image and labeled M Japan 3553- Cameo and plates M Japan 3551-Avalon. I am interested in information regarding these dishes. I have been told they are rare. Thank you!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see no information.. What did you find out? Please advise.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have, I will need to see images of the front and back mark on one of your pieces of china. Please let me know if you can provide photos. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had help from my daughter yesterday and she did send photos ....I am not tech savvy so if you can give me a ball park estimate on the valve of a complete service for eight in perfect condition I would be happy. Here is the numbers on each piece: dinner plate 3551 Avalon...3353 bread plate cameo...3353 soup bowl cameo ...3553 desert bowl cameo...platter and serving bowl 3353 cameo...cup and saucer 3353 cameo..sugar and creamer 3353 cameo... Thank you
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi~ I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out. I do hope you find the information that you seek. Sincerely, Nora
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Thank You for your question, my name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today. Please tell me how many total pieces are in each set? I will be able to give you Auction value and retail replacement value.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a complete set of eight. The dinner dishes are the only ones with the name Avalon ...please read the description I gave Nora...thank you for helping ...amy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So far no one has answered my request... I an still waiting to hear for some information ...thank you
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Please tell how many pieces total. The set that you describe would sell for $300-500 at auction and Insurance value is $1000. If you want to add pieces to your set there are some on ebay and you can also go to Replacements.com, they have pieces in your patterns as well.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Wayne these dishes were given tot me by my 96 year old aunt...I appreciate the information you gave me. Amy
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure. Please take time to rate my service and consider me first with any future questions.
Thanks again,