Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I purchased a swan's head rocking chair yesterday. It appears

Customer Question

I purchased a swan's head rocking chair yesterday. It appears to have been reupholstered, according to the label on the bottom of the seat. It was reupholstered in 1940 and labelled as 1846 mahogany. The wood is in good condition and the rocker works fine. The re-upholstery is not in the best condition. Under the seat there is black horse hair sticking out. I know that there were swan head rockers built in the '50's. Interestingly, this piece says it is from 1846 when Hoyt made his. Do you think it could be one of his chairs?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send photos. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed? Please let me know and do you have requested images available? I look forward to reading back from you. Sincerely,Nora