Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My name is***** and and I am from Decatur, Il.

Customer Question

Hello. My name is***** and and I am from Decatur, Il. I, too, have some Harper paintings. They have been in my family for as long as I can remember and I am 59 years old. None of the paintings are titled as far as I know.
My grandfather was Archie F. Wilson and I believe Williams sister was my grandfathers housekeeper which is how we acquired some of the paintings.
My step-great grandmother? was a Kawalski and she had also had some Harpers. I have 4 paintings all together. Just thought I would let you know. Maybe I am related to ther person whose great aunt had some of the painting.
I have 2 small ones about 7" x 5" and 2 that are more like 12" 16". Not set up for pics at this time.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Three of the paintings are of landscapes, one of which the family always referred to as the Lincoln Head painting - one of the large trees certainly looks like a profile of Lincoln. My favorite is one of the small ones which has a country farm house as its focus. It is the only one with any color, so to speak.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have newspaper articles regarding my families' relationship with the Harpers and the acquisition of the at least some of the paintings.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order to properly assess what you have it would be necessary to see what you have. is it possible for you to send images at some time? ~Nora