rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

We have several English tea cups that are bone china that belonged

Customer Question

We have several English tea cups that are bone china that belonged to my mother. She passed away but we are trying to find out the value of them. They are stamped Rosina, Aynsley -England, Royal Albert, Paragon, Hamersley & co, Norcrest, Canadian mounted police, Bell china, and Colelough china. She also has a boy and dog figurine made by Marryama stamped made in ccupied Japan.....My Family is unsure of what to do with them....Help????
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I would love to help you with these items. Each of the companies that you mentioned for the tea cups are from the 1950-60's. There are no high value or rare cups made from these companies during this period, so I can give you and average price for 15.00 to 20.00 for each set as a value.The figurine marked Made in Occupied Japan dates to 1945 to 1952 when items imported from Japan after the war were required to have this mark. The figurine was made by Moriyama and was made to look like the expensive figurines from Germany. This figurine has a value of 10.00.The best way to find a new home for these pieces would be to contact a local auction house in your area. They will sell the items for you and take a 10 to 20 percent commission. They usually pay within 45 days of the auction. If you let me know where you are, I can look for a reputable auction house for you. If you have many items that include furniture, you can request a free house call from the auctioneer so that you are not hauling a bunch of precious memories around town.My condolences for the passing of your mother. This is a hard time and can be overwhelming. If there are more items that you need help with before sending to auction, start a new question and put 'rarewares' as the first word so that you will be able to work with me again.