Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Value of print

Customer Question

I have a 24" x 36" print by Franz Johnston. Morris and Bendien and and I am looking for its value. It was purchased in Upstate, NY and purchased by  my great grandfather but there is no providence.

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send photos. A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature and/or small print, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send images right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely, Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed? Please let me know and do you have requested images available? I look forward to reading back from you. Sincerely,Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sherri~
I was testing a new system this week and it did not show the photo attachment - which I can now see.
The image is a print reproduction of a painting from the Nipigon Territory by Canadian artist Frank (aka Franz) Johnston (1888 - 1949) and published by Morris and Bendien in the early 20th century. This would have been sold framed. On today's market, this would sell for a high average of $75 - $100. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $175.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora