Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Small silver coffee pot bottom markings BS Co.

Customer Question

Picture Windmill
5051
Is this. Sterling Silver / Silver Plate ? The letter b is stylized and may be H or some other letters?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. You have silverplate as manufactured by BIRMINGHAM SILVER CO INC - Brooklyn, NY and later Yalesville, CT circa 1930s to the late 1950s era. The windmill is one of several trade stamps they used after around 1932. As such, the retail value isn't a great deal--in most markets, if the piece is near flawless, the retail is from $75 to $125. Hope this helps! If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.Have a blessed day!With kind regards,Steve