Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Glenda - again !! This is in Ohio - In 1973

Customer Question

Glenda - hello again !! This is xxxxxxxx in Ohio - In 1973 I was transferred to Argentina by my company, at that time my wife bought 2 paintings on a rectangle plate. About 10 1/2 inches long by 8 inches wide. The pictures are of "The Bocca" or waterfront
in Buenos Aires. The artist is Benito Quinquela Martin. 1n 2001 we traveled back to BA and stopped at a store that sold paintings. The store was on***** They had large paintings of the same artist and were expensive. What could these smaller ones
be worth today?? thanks for any info !! xxxxxxx
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!My name is***** has been out sick, but if you can go ahead and send her pictures, I will make sure she gets this. Can you send pictures of the rest of the set, to show all the pieces? It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value! Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer. If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images! Click the link: for instructions on uploading images http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert Or you may use this method: Go to www.imgur.comclick on ComputerSelect the picture file from the box that pops upHit open.Click on Start UploadAnd then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here. Or Send them like this: Email the pictures to support @ justanswer.com, . We're using a new system and it's screwy right now, so I spelled the email address out for you. Just remove the spaces before and after the @ sign. in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques". In the body of the message put, your user name and real name.Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. She will let you know as soon as they send them to her.Diana
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I received the pictures today of the plates, thank you.
.
After researching the art work by Benito Quinquela Martin I found that a lot of his work was used on Porcelain, such as the plates you purchased. They seem to do well at auctions and antique shops.
.
The Porcelain Plates have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $200.00-250.00 each, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Art Gallery or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda