rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Baccarat glass scupture .I was told it is a swirl? Has original

Customer Question

Baccarat glass scupture .I was told it is a swirl? Has original base that swirls around when plugged in.Is it worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Hello,I would love to help you with this. I will need a photo of the piece and of any marks. You can do that by using the paper clip icon in the text box.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no paperclip icon in this box.I dont have acess to a photo right now.However i do know only 100 pieces were ever made.it was purchased in 1981 in france.It came with the plug in stand that goes in a circle.I believe it is about 18 inches high.i know the baccarat musuem has one,but they are not allowed to give a price.it is marked Baccarat on the bottom.I inherreted it from my father in law.
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 years ago.
When you do get access to photos, you can email them to *****@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line so that they will get forwarded to me. In the meantime, I will do preliminary research while I wait for pictures.
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 years ago.
In order to keep you from having to take pictures, I will add a photo of what I think you have and you can verify. The Spiral Sculpture by Baccarat was made in limited edition of 100. Your piece will have the number on the bottom of what number it is of the 100 made. For example, 26/100 would mean yours is number 26 in a run of 100 made. These pieces have a value of 775.00-900.00.