Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

Artist: L E Van Border, The art is called In The Park, 1893.

Customer Question

Artist: L E Van Border, The art is called In The Park, 1893. I would like to know what my picture is worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. Your artist is actually Luther Emerson VAN GORDER (1861-1931), who is a listed artist with several documented sales in international guides. Most of his works carry an insured value of $4,000 to $6,000 but on the open market, the actual selling prices tend to hover in the $1,000 to $2,000 range today. Here is the last recorded open market sale:Lot # ***** New Moon Rising Painting , Oil/canvas , 8 5/8 in x 11 3/8 in 22 cm x 29.0 cmEstimate: $2,000 - $3,000Hammer price: $1,500 Gene Shapiro Auctions, LLC, Kent CT UNITED STATES, 13 Jul 2013 If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.Have a blessed day!With kind regards,Steve