Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I'm Arlene. I'm having a difficult time having my

Customer Question

Hi, XXXX. I'm Arlene. I'm having a difficult time having my Thomas Kinlade paintings appraised as a complete set. The gallery from which I purchased all 12 (Snow White, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Cinderella, Lion King, Bambi, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, Jungle Book, Lady & The Tramp and Fantasia) of the Disney Dreams Collection is no longer in business and no other gallery will do so because I didn't purchase the paintings from them. What do you suggest I do? Each painting is 12"x 18", framed, and all have the same number in each respective series. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks and God Bless.

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help! Current guides list your series as rated from $4,500 to $6,000 but in all candor, on the secondary market similar sets are trending at around $1,800 to $2,600 -- a lot of the decline is due to the overall economic situation today, which is affecting ALL collectibles. It would likely be best to hold on to them for a few more years and see if the market will improve, if your intent is to sell. It really depends on what you originally paid, however, as some galleries offered large discounts when the entire series was purchased by a client. If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.Have a blessed day!With kind regards,Steve