Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

A signed picture of a Hawaiian streetcar circa 1885 by Kenneth

Customer Question

A signed picture of a Hawaiian streetcar circa 1885 by Kenneth W. Chapman.any value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help...could you advise the dimensions, please? Is it marked or signed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is marked and signed.in frame it is 22 inches wide and 18 length.
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update. Your artist is well known in the trade for creating images of vehicles, mainly vintage cars, but he is not classified as listed. He is American and worked primarily at Vanguard Studios in Beverly Hills, California, as an artist and illustrator. Most all of his signed works retail in the range of $25 to $75 today--such as this example:
-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercer-Raceabout-1911-by-Kenneth-W-Chapman-Automotive-Print-Signed-by-Artist-/281617937952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4191bcb620
-
Sorry I could not provide better news, and hope you understand. At least you have one of the larger ones, so it should sell near the top end of the stated range. If nicely framed and in fine condition, it could attain up to about 30% more.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve