Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a collection of cut glass that I inherited from my great

Customer Question

I have a collection of cut glass that I inherited from my great grand parents and grandfather. There are large vesels and a set of bowels in different sizes. There is a lovely candy dish and many, many more pieces that are boxed up. How do I find someone to appraise the collection and perhaps sell them since no one else in the family is interested in having them. They are beautiful, old pieces - at least to me, late 1880's to very early 1900's. I look forward to hearing from you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
We generally do one item per question. Since you are interested in selling the whole collection, I think the best idea for you would be to let me know the nearest large city to you. I can give you the leads of an auction house that deals in fine antiques. Tell them that you need a house call and they will come to you at no charge, haul away whatever they feel will bring a good price, sell it, and send you a check minus 10-20 percent in a few weeks. Let me know where you are and if that sounds like a good plan to you.
I could go through each piece one at a time, but I think it would cost you so much that way and you'd still have to find a buyer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** to be somewhere in 15 minutes. i will try to follow you suggestions tomorrow. sorry, i didn't look at the time.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Sure, take your time. I will be here and they will send me an email the next time you answer.