Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a Reed & Barton Silver set - tray, coffe/tea, creamer

Customer Question

I have a Reed & Barton Silver set - tray, coffe/tea, creamer & sugar. The pattern is El Greco - the date stamp is 1953. I was thinking about selling it att a silver exchange store and was just wondering if it would be worth anything
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Thank You for your question, my name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today. Is the tray sterling?
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ray is sterling very heavy.
Thanks
Caro
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me how much the entire set weighs including the tray you can even do it in pounds?
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Wayne,The tray alone weighs 9.5 lbs. The set weighs 16 lbs.Thx
Carol
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Can you tell me exactly what it says on the bottom the the tea pot?
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The inscription on the bottom says
Reed & Barton
1 9 5 3
El GrecoSo - back to my original question -I was thinking about selling it at a silver exchange store and was just wondering if it would be worth anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
29 Apr 2015, 4:33 PMThe inscription on the bottom says
Reed & Barton
1 9 5 3
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Unfortunately, your tea set is silver plated and not sterling. In fact I can't find a record of a sterling silver set in the El Greco pattern. This still has value as a nice plated tea set. This would sell for $400-600 at auction.Thank you,Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.Thanks,Wayne