Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Clay(?)Siged sculpture "PETRI"-acquired in late 1950's

Customer Question

Clay(?)Siged sculpture "PETRI"-acquired in late 1950's, from grandmother: approximately 15 or 18 inches in height, approx. 12 inches round, on attached pedestal, child(girl) playfully standing (behind) a boy seated, both her hands covering his eyes. Do not know where it was purchased/obtained, but most likely in US--Grandmother was from Ireland, 1908, employed as a housekeeper for Solis-Cohen family in Center City Philadelphia.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** ur prompt reply. I am able to work thru my laptop efficiently, but not skilled with photos etc. I will let my son see ur response, and he perhaps can do what you've requested. We do not have the figures I described, it is at my sisteinlaw's home. So it will be a few days before we can photograph it. I hope by Saturday it can be done. Is it okay to wait until them, because it's impossible to do it earlier?
Thank you
geraldine Biscardi
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
That is fine - send over images at your convenience.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband photographed the stature about which I wrote you. He took poor photos, not revealing details from the front, rear or side, so I've got to wait until he can give it another try. I will alert you ASAP when it happens.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - no rush - any time is fine.
Sincerely,
Nora