Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

My wifes mother passed away and cleaning the house, she found

My wifes mother passed away and cleaning the house, she found a painting that has been in the house for a long time. she would like to sell it but has no idea of the value. it looks like a framed original oil of mountains. its signed by B. Boda in the bottom left. the back says #556 24x36 Bela Bodo. any ideas. alan
Hi There~

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help with your question.

On today’s market, original landscape paintings by Hungarian/American artist Bela Bodo (b. 1936) sell at auction for an average of $500 - $600. His auction high record is $850.

If interested in selling this, the best route would be through auction. Here is a list I have made for you of the auction companies who have handled works by this artist:

Clars Auction Gallery XXXXX
Oakland, CA 94609
Phone:(NNN) [email protected]

Galerie Moderne
3 rue du Parnasse
1050 Brussels
Phone: +32 2(NNN) [email protected]

Heritage Auctions ( XXXXX
17th Floor
Dallas, TX 75219
Phone:(NNN) [email protected]

James D Julia, Inc.
PO Box 830 XXXXX
Fairfield, ME 04937
Phone:(NNN) [email protected]

Charlton Hall Galleries, Inc XXXXX
Columbia , SC 29170
Phone:(NNN) [email protected]

Best of the West Auctions
263 E. Fountain Blvd., Ste 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Phone:(NNN) [email protected]

Auction in Santa Fe
FKA August in Santa Fe XXXXX
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Phone:(NNN) [email protected]

It is free to contact auction houses and get an estimate for sale. You can contact each auction house through their website. You will send them photos and information. You would not be obligated to sell with any of them. Please bear in mind that estimates will vary from each business, and that the highest estimate is not necessarily a guarantee of a sale.

Contact all of them, if possible for you, regardless of the company location. This will also help you get a consensus opinion on the value and estimates. Approach each one as if you are interested in selling through them. Auction houses take a percentage of the final sale price, so it is in their best interest to sell it for a premium bid.

Feel free if you have further questions about your item.

Please only leave feedback when you feel satisfied your question has been answered.

Our conversation will continue as long as you please, even after a rating is left.

Hi Alan~

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, use the specific ask for expert function and please add "For Nora" or "Hi Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, coins, watches, sewing machines, swords and firearms.