Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.

Hi! How much would a patinated bronze bust of King Edward vii

Hi! How much would a patinated bronze bust of King Edward vii by Hans Muller be worth?
Linda prost

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been asked to assist you. I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster, USPAP compliant Appraiser currently Accredited by AOA Appraisers, and an IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be my pleasure to put my expertise, library and resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

JustAnswer has just sent me your question regarding your bronze. Thank you very much! After review, I see that you are looking for a value. To best assist you, I need to know any questions you may have as well as the value type below that best fits your needs:

Market Value (Selling): Most up-to-date price range to expect if sold today. Estimated using the prices that buyers have recently paid and sellers have accepted in the open and competitive market.

Insurable Value (Keeping): The amount replacement would cost today excluding any taxes or shipping fees. Can be printed and sent to your Insurance company.

Please let me know which of the above two value types fits best and I will be back as soon as possible. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alan.
Just the market value .
Many thanks
Thanks Linda, I'm on this now. I'll be right back. Thank you!
Thank you for your patience while I conducted my research and prepared your answer Linda. I was able to determine a market value range for you based on recent sales of qualified comparable items and hope this will answer all your questions.

From experience and research I can tell you the exact auction you were looking at sold for $1,700.

Searching hundreds of auction houses records provided an excellent amount of recent sales results with the majority indicating your bronze has a current market value of $1,500 - $2,000. The price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more.

I would recommend a starting asking price of $2,000. This way you can reduce accordingly if necessary because Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. If this isn't what you would like, please let me know and I can provide you with Insurance value.

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer

I hope this is the information you were looking for! If not, or you would like to know more, please reply. If I have taken care of all your needs, please make sure to rate my answer for my compensation and to close out the question.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items, just say Hello Alan at the beginning of your new question and I will get with you there as soon as possible. Thank you very much Linda!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alan. Any idea how many were made? Any idea where mostly found? It's not an original I assume? so how are they cast?
Many thanks Linda
Any idea of date? My Great grand parents brought it to South Africa in 1914.