ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.

We have a painting which my mum and dad brought to Australia

We have a painting which my mum and dad brought to Australia from England in 1969, it's name isXXXXX I think they bought this painting in the early 60s, it has a heavy gold ornated frame, it is not a normal flat print but is slightly raised like an oil painting but suspect not a real oil painting, could this be of value ?
Thank you for the question! It would be my pleasure to assist you.

"The Landlord's Story" was a very popular image created in the mid-20th century by Frank Moss Bennett (English, 1874-1952. What you have is likely a reproduction with a technique where either the paper has relief to it or relief is added via clear brushstrokes (making it approximate an oil painting).

The value is likely minimal as vintage prints of this image sell in online auctions at the $25 to $40 level typically.

Should this prove helpful, kindly rate my service positively so I'm credited for answering the question. If not, let me know how I can provide more help. I understand that sometimes an item may be worth more or less than you expected; if you'd like further explanation of the market for a given item, please let me know and again, thank you!