ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.

United States Watch Company Waltham Mass Serial #748890Ladies

United States Watch Company Waltham Mass Serial #748890
Ladies gold plated pocket watch
Thank you for the question! It would be my pleasure to assist you.

The serial number of your Waltham gold plated pocket watch indicates that it was produced in early 1874, see:

Typically these ladies gold plated pocket watches sell at relatively modest levels with ones in poor condition selling at the $35 to $50 level for parts. Those in good working condition can sell at the $75 to $125 level, generally, with exceptional examples (typically the most ornate ones) approaching the $200 to $250 level from venues like antique watch dealers.

Should this prove helpful, kindly rate my service positively so I'm credited for answering the question. If not, let me know how I can provide more help. I understand that sometimes an item may be worth more or less than you expected; if you'd like further explanation of the market for a given item, please let me know and again, thank you!