Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.

Can you tell my what Greek Orthodox Religious icons sell for

Can you tell my what Greek Orthodox Religious icons sell for in this country?
They are painted on Gesso treated wood boards..the artist is Jordanka Babushkovska from Macedonia..she has performed expositions in Slovenia,Romania and Macedonia as a representative from the Macedonian government.
Reproducing Slavic icons using old Technique,employing tempura and gold leaf and finished with and antiqued patina.
to view examples of her work go to
I had a substantial collect
Hi--could you provide dimensions of each, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Steve,,,They are different dimensions.

Some are 8 and1/2 inch by 11inch...others are 8and1/2 inch by 14inch.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX reviewed all of her listings and she indeed creates very well executed works. Unfortunately, she is not classified or recognized as a listed artist and the only listings in her name at all are in the décor trade, which is generally where reproduction icons of these types are marketed. Without being officially recognized, I honestly doubt her works will migrate to the fine arts market, ever--sorry.

On the secondary market, pieces such as she creates seldom achieve over $75-125 each, no matter how detailed or of what quality (above the norm). The market is very, very limited in scope and appeal worldwide as original works do come out on a regular basis in the $500 to $1,000 range commonly.

My best advice is to purchase them if YOU enjoy them, but do not anticipate the value rising a great deal--your better choice for long term investment would be with original works, clearly.

I do wish I could give you more upbeat news, but documented sales do not support an upwards trend above $125 each on them at present on the private seller secondary market.

If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.

Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.

Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also compensated for our time and effort.

Have a blessed day!

With kind regards,