Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.

I have a 1940 Hekman executive desk - like to know what it

I have a 1940 Hekman executive desk - like to know what it is worth
How do I send you pictures?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 10 months ago.
Good Evening,
Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to assist you with your question.
Your vintage Executive Desk would have been produced in Grand Rapids, Michigan by the Hekman Furniture company.
Though difficult to see from the picture, the desk appears to have been produced from a flame mahogany. it has a rounded back with a central gallery that is closed in by drawers. The legs appear to be straight in the picture, but Hekman desks from this era were also known to be reeded with a wheel foot. From the picture the desk appears to have brass pulls on the drawers. From what I can see the desk appears to be in great shape.
This is more of an unusual desk for Hekman as many of their desks utilized a knee hole with drawers on either side or an antique style leg.
Based on current market values, in a retail setting your vintage Hekman desk would value between 1500-3000 dollars in top quality condition based on your regional demand.
If you were to attempt to sell the desk in a secondary market setting such as an auction you could expect between(NNN) NNN-NNNNdollars.
If there are any damages to the desk either cosmetic to the wood or structural to the legs or drawers, this would detract from the resale value of the desk.
I hope this information was helpful to you today,
Best of luck with your vintage Hekman desk,
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated,
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.
Experience: Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.