Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.

Could you estimate the value of a JH Weatherby & Sons chamber

Could you estimate the value of a JH Weatherby & Sons chamber pot (without lid)? It is in the "Peony" pattern with the Hanley, England durability flag stamp, which I understand was not used before 1892.
Thank you!

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am pleased to be able to assist you. The company was founded in Tunstall in 1891 and moved to Hanley the following year. It first made domestic ware such as basins and pitchers, later moving into assorted tableware and giftware.

The "Durability" stamp was only used for one year at the Tunstall location (1891-1892) but was used at Hanley from 1892-1924. The name "Falconware" was added to the flag motif from 1925 onwards, by the way.

They typical retail for a chamber pot sans lid will be from $45 to $65 pending demand at any given time, from that era. On sites like eBay, they often retail for under $20, like this example:

So if you decide to list it there, be sure to add a comfortable reserve. These are most often used as planters for décor use these days...a stark contrast to what they were intended to be used for!

If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.

Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.

Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also compensated for our time and effort.

Have a blessed day!

With kind regards,