Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.

What are my books worth for sale purposes, Copyright atlas

What are my books worth for sale purposes, Copyright atlas 1898 of the united states and another of the world, The atlas of the world is in good condition and the atlas of the unite states has some use. These books are 22 inches by 15inches wide.
Hello and welcome! It will be my pleasure to assist you today.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster of 5 years and a USPAP compliant Accredited Appraiser of 14 years currently with the AOAppraisers. I'm ready to put my expertise, resources, and experience to work for you. Here you can review a few of my qualifications.

JustAnswer has just sent me your question about your books. Thanks, I'll get right on this for you. I'll be back with an answer as soon as possible. If you choose to leave this window, you will be emailed any time I respond. You will be able to follow the emails link back to this page. Thank you again for your question!

Thank you for your patience while I conducted my research and prepared your answer Karl. I was able to determine market value ranges for you based on recent sales of qualified comparable items and hope this will answer all your questions.

Searching hundreds of auction houses records provided an excellent amount of recent sales results with the majority indicating your books have a current market value of $60 - $175 a piece at auction. The price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more. Although this is the average amount at an auction house, there have been higher sales in the past indicating most markets are down at the moment and a sale at that amout is not likely on your own.

The average amount of an actual sale on eBay is $30 - $50 a piece in the past few years.

I would recommend a starting asking price of $60 a piece if selling on your own. This way you can reduce accordingly if necessary because Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for.

To get more information about possibly selling your books, I recommend you get in contact with at least one, if not all, of the following auction houses that had the highest sales results I found:

Hopefully one of them will be able to help you with more information and possible sale. They should also be able to help you with shipping arrangements if necessary. Please see their websites for contact info. You will need to send them pictures as well as descriptions. Make sure you always ask for an auction estimate. This way you will get the best idea of what you can sell for and really be able to weigh your options.

AppraiserAlan AOA CA Qualifications

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer

I hope this is the information you were looking for! If you would like to know more, please reply.
If I have taken care of all your needs, please make sure to rate my answer for my compensation and to close out the question.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items please request me "Appraiser Alan" in your new question and I will get with you there as soon as possible.

Thank you very much Karl!