Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

dreizack solinger chicken egg topper number 10 year of man

dreizack solinger chicken egg topper number 10. year of manufacture, is it rare and what value ?

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! It will be my pleasure to assist you today.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster of 5 years and a USPAP compliant Accredited Appraiser of 14 years currently with the AOAppraisers. I'm ready to put my expertise, resources, and experience to work for you. Here you can review a few of my qualifications.

JustAnswer has just sent me your question. Thanks!
Thank you for your patience while I conducted my research and prepared your answer. I was able to determine a market value range for you based on recent sales of qualified comparable items and hope this will answer all your questions.

From experience and research I can tell you your Ed Wusthof Solinger , Germany egg cutter. It measures 5" long and 2" wide and was made in two tone brass plate made in the early 1900’s it is not that rare and come up for auction occasionally. The number is XXXXX factory inspector number and has nothing to do with the size or make I have seen up to number 33 on them.

Searching hundreds of auction houses records provided an excellent amount of recent sales results with the majority indicating your SOLINGEN, Germany chicken hen egg topper cutter has a current market value of 22 - 44 AUD. The price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more. Although this is the average amount today, there have been higher sales in the past indicating most markets are down at the moment.

I would recommend a starting asking price of $64 AUD

This way you can reduce accordingly if necessary because Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. If this isn't what you would like, please let me know and I can provide you with Insurance value.

AppraiserAlan AOA CA Qualifications

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer

I hope this is the information you were looking for! If not, or you would like to know more, please reply. If I have taken care of all your needs, please make sure to rate my answer for my compensation and to close out the question.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items please request me by name in a new question and I will get with you there as soon as possible.

Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The only ones I have found are roosters this one is a Hen. the roosters have not had a number on them?

Hello Gary, here are two examples for you;

http://images.cloud.worthpoint.com/wpimages/images/images1/1/0408/06/1_d5fc739fe5da6edf72ba38c6c5885ad0.jpg

http:// www.ebay.com/itm/Ed-Wusthof-SOLINGEN-GE RMANY-2-TONE-GOLD-PLATED-CHICKEN-ROOSTER-EGG-CUTTER-/321181617875?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac7ea8ed3&nma=true&si=gKnYGpVM4vo4WTMqpctvM528U9k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Thank you very much!

Experience: Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.